Friday, July 6, 2012

the best sick week(s) ever


Maybe you are familiar with the Richard Scary book about Huckle going to the store for his mom for things like oranges and milk and Lowly talks him into buying orange soda and ice cream, so they end up throwing a party? For some reason that story comes to mind when I think of the past few weeks around here.

To recap: Elias had roseola with a 105.5 fever that had his mama hyperventilating; Sydney and I got a nasty bug that has us both on antibiotics and Sydney fighting off a double ear infection. I still can't quite kick whatever I have and I've been laying low for almost two weeks now.

This wasn't exactly how I was picturing our June, but it's oddly turned out to be a good thing for us. Lots of snuggle time. Lots of wandering about the yard in our pjs or bathing suits deep in imaginary play. I'm on my 3rd epic novel and we've become big fans of essential oils and natural remedies over here. We've all hugged and kissed a lot more, despite our germs, and generally seemed to cherish each other with a little more fervor. I wish I would have tallied how many times Elias has turned to me in the middle of something to say, "Mama, I wuf you."

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry to read that you've been under the weather. but it sounds like you've gotten through it with your usual wonderful outlook! Feel better!

    -Tamie

    ReplyDelete